Monday, July 7, 2008

Yearning



I sit in the same spot everyday, the sun in my eyes as the warm breeze blows, the shade of the trees on your body and the wind blowing through your hair. I watch you everyday. I see you but you do not see me. And when I stare I do not know that I am not breathing.
But when you speak it is as if I am in heaven. You have taken the best of me.

Everyday I sit at the same spot, I see you but you do not see me.
Everyday as the day grows longer I feel for you but you do not feel for me. And when I breathe again you are lying here beside me under the two palm trees. Soaking in the hot summer sun, knowing that we are not to be.
Yet I dream of you in my arms. This dream is forbidden but,
who shall know that I dream of you, the one that I love, the one in my heart. Only you and I shall know but then again, you know me not.

No comments: